Sections

Police arrest man for W’Terrace, Kensington mugging spree

The Brooklyn Paper
Share on TwitterTweet
Share on Facebook
Subscribe

Don’t miss our updates:

Police collared a man on Saturday who they say went on a stick-up spree targeting women around Windsor Terrace and Kensington.

Authorities have charged the 29-year-old Bedford-Stuyvesant resident for five gun-point robberies that took place in the neighborhoods last month.

The first was on Caton Avenue near E. Seventh Street at 2 am on Aug. 20, when the man allegedly approached a 54-year-old woman from behind before brandishing a firearm and demanding her property, police said. The victim lost her purse in the encounter, which contained $60, jewelry, and a cellphone, and would ultimately prove the alleged mugger’s most lucrative score, cops said.

Three days later, he allegedly pulled his gun on a 35-year-old woman outside the Fort Hamilton subway station on Aug. 23 at 12:30 am, making off with $45 and some gift cards, according to a report.

The suspect allegedly struck twice on Aug. 27, police said — first on Ocean Parkway near Caton Avenue at 12:49 am, and again on E. Third Street near Caton Avenue at 1:09 am.

The first victim, a 28-year-old woman, fought back and the man allegedly beat her with his pistol before fleeing with her property — $25 and a cellphone, police said. In the second encounter that morning, the victim, a 34-year-old woman, complied with the gunman’s demands, and handed over her property — this time, an even more paltry $12, a report said.

The alleged bandit’s final attack was on Aug. 29, on E. Third Street near Seeley Avenue at 11:10 pm, when he allegedly robbed a 21-year-old woman for her cellphone, $50, and a MetroCard, cops said.

Police spotted their suspect on Sept. 5, and cuffed him after a brief chase, a police spokeswoman said.

Reach reporter Colin Mixson at cmixson@cnglocal.com or by calling (718) 260-4505.
Updated 10:17 pm, July 9, 2018
Today’s news:
Share on TwitterTweet
Share on Facebook
Subscribe

Don’t miss our updates:


Reasonable discourse

Common Cents from Crown Heights says:
Dear Mr. Mixson, while I appreciate your detail with the various robberies; you should do a bit more digging into the perp to separate yourself from the other reporters that 'phone it in'. Doing so would definitely place you above and beyond the lazy reporters of today as well as shed light on the failure of the 'justice' system that puts law abiding citizens in harms way every day.
Sept. 8, 2015, 9:10 pm
TOM from Brooklyn says:
What happened to name n' shame?
Sept. 9, 2015, 1:12 pm

Comments closed.

First name
Last name
Your neighborhood
Email address
Daytime phone

Your letter must be signed and include all of the information requested above. (Only your name and neighborhood are published with the letter.) Letters should be as brief as possible; while they may discuss any topic of interest to our readers, priority will be given to letters that relate to stories covered by The Brooklyn Paper.

Letters will be edited at the sole discretion of the editor, may be published in whole or part in any media, and upon publication become the property of The Brooklyn Paper. The earlier in the week you send your letter, the better.

Keep it local!

Stay in touch with your community. Subscribe to our free newsletter: