Several other state and federal lawmakers representing traditionally blue pockets of Kings County are fighting to keep their seats on Nov. 6. And although the incumbents in the following races, all Democrats, enjoy relatively strong support in the borough, they will nonetheless face challenges from hopefuls at the ballot box:
• Three-term incumbent Rep. Hakeem Jeffries faces Conservative Party challenger Ernest Johnson and Reform Party challenger Jessica White in the race to represent the 8th Congressional District, which includes Fort Greene, Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brownsville, Canarsie, East New York, Marine Park, and Coney Island.
• Three-term incumbent Rep. Jerrold Nadler will duke it out with Republican Naomi Levin to represent the 10th Congressional District, which includes Red Hook, Sunset Park,and Flatbush.
• Three-term incumbent Rep. Yvette Clarke faces challenges from Republican Lutchi Gayor and Reform Party nominee Joel Anabilah-Azumah for the seat to represent the 9th Congressional District, which includes Crown Heights, Flatlands, and Sheepshead Bay.
• Twenty-six-year incumbent Rep. Carolyn Maloney faces Republican challenger Eliot Rabin and Green Party challenger Scott Hutchins in the race to represent the 12th Congressional District, which includes Williamsburg, Greenpoint, and parts of Manhattan and Queens.
• Three-term incumbent state Sen. Simcha Felder, who will also run on the Republican line, faces Reform Party challenger Luis Rivera in the race to represent the 17th District, which includes Borough Park, Midwood, and Flatbush.
• Two-term incumbent state Sen. Roxanne Persaud faces Republican challenger Jeffrey Ferretti in the race to represent the 19th District, which includes Canarsie, East New York, Brownsville, Mill Basin, Sheepshead Bay, Bergen Beach, Marine Park, Flatlands, Mill Island, Georgetown, Ocean Hill and Starrett City.
• Seven-term incumbent state. Sen Kevin Parker faces Conservative Party challenger Brian Kelly for control of the 21st District, which includes East Flatbush, Flatlands, Windsor Terrace, and Park Slope.
• Seven-term incumbent state Sen. Diane Savino, who caucused with Republicans as a member of the now-defunct Independent Democratic Conference, faces GOP challenger David Krainert in the race to represent the 23rd District, which includes Bensonhurst, Brighton Beach, Coney Island, Dyker Heights, Gravesend, Sunset Park, and Staten Island.
• Freshman Assemblyman Robert Carroll is defending his seat against Republican Yevgeny Goldberg in the race to represent the 44th District, which includes Park Slope, Windsor Terrace, and Kensington.
• Sixteen-term incumbent Assemblyman Peter Abbate faces a second challenge from Conservative Party nominee Rosemary Mangino — who unsuccessfully ran against the sitting pol in 2016, earning a quarter of the vote — in the race to represent the 49th District, which includes parts of Sunset Park, Dyker Heights, and Bensonhurst.
• Two-term incumbent Assemblywoman Jo Anne Simon faces Conservative Party challenger Daniel Ramos and Libertarian Party nominee Gary Popkin in the race to represent the 52nd District, which includes Boerum Hill, Brooklyn Heights, Cobble Hill, Carroll Gardens, Downtown Gowanus, Park Slope, and Dumbo.
• Two-term incumbent Assemblyman Erik Martin Dilan faces Republican Party challenger Khorshed Chowdhury in the race to represent the state’s 54th District, which includes Bushwick, Cypress Hills, East New York, Ocean Hill, and Brownsville.
• Freshman Assemblywoman Jaime Williams faces Republican challenger Brandon Washington in the race to represent the 59th District, which includes Canarsie, Georgetown, Mill Basin, Marine Park, Bergen Beach, and Gerritsen Beach.
— Julianne Cuba, Kevin Duggan, Julianne McShane, and Colin Mixson